PracticalGRITS

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I HEART BLEACH!!!

OK I know I'm getting old when I am posting about a cleaning product. 
As much as I hate cleaning, I LOVE relaxing in a clean house once I am finally done.  I have recently decided that out of all the cleaning products on the market these days, there is an old faithful that is just my favorite.




That's right.  BLEACH. 
It is super cheap, it majorly disinfects, and I just love that "MAN this house is CLEAN" smell that bleach gives off! 
I recently came across this list of uses for bleach and thought I'd share with all my PGs.

1. Mix ½ bleach and ½ water to make a cleaning solution for mild dew, stain, tub-ring, shower curtain, shower door, and around the toilette.

2. Use undiluted bleach to kill weeds, moss, and algae in your yard.
3. Mix ¼ bleach and ¾ water to use for kitchen cleaning solution. It is great to kill germs on the counter top, and stove surface.
4. Add a capful of bleach plus one sugar cube in the vase to make a mixture for your cut flower to make them last longer.
5. Shine porcelain objects using bleach to rub around the outside of your porcelain, let them sit for ½ hour, then rise them out, and towel dry them.
6. Brighten glass wear by adding ¼ bleach in your warm soapy water, let them sit for 15 minutes, then wash them as usual.
7. Clean plastic lawn furniture by mixing ½ bleach and ½ water in a spraying bottle and spray them down, then rise.
8. Cure poison ivy by wipe the bleach over the affected area, and it will dry up.
9. Cure smelly feet by mixing 1 part of bleach with 3 part of hot water, soak for 10 minutes, and dry with a hair dryer.
10. Sore throat relief by mixing 2-3 drops of bleach with a 16 oz of warm water, then gargle until the glass is empty.

I'm not sure about #10, but the others are great ways to use our friend bleach! 

Do you like to clean?  What cleaning products do you use??

GLAM,

ALI~



No comments:

Post a Comment