PracticalGRITS

Monday, July 5, 2010

Amazing Pasta Salad for any family gathering!

Ok ladies...i know y'all are busy bargain shopping but take a break and have some "you" time in the kitchen as well. I don't know about y'all but I sometimes find cooking a great time to myself too and kind of get into a "zone" a Paula Deen Zone that is. I have been wanting to make my own Semi-homemade pasta salad forever and haven't taken the time so I decided this 4th of July weekend I would give it a whirl! I just took different ideas from pasta salads that i've enjoyed in the past and threw together what sounded like the best recipe for my taste buds...well i was RIGHT!! It was definitely a HIT with my hubby and family members. That is always a good feeling when you try cooking something new and everyone tells you it's good...i mean that is truely rewarding. So I wanted to be sure to share my secrets with you.

1 box of pasta ( i choose Cavatappi - it's my fave and something different)




3-4 Home-grown SC tomatoes (not in my backyard but at the Pig they had James Island maters)

1 large cucumber

1 pack of Athenos Tomato & Basil feta cheese



1 bottle of Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (i pour about half of the bottle in it)



Oregano - use your judgement at how much you pour in there but I just covered the top of it with oregano and then stirred it all together and it was just the right amount. If you were measuring it I would say try 2 tablespoons.

Bon Appeti`t,

DUNC

No comments:

Post a Comment