PracticalGRITS

Monday, July 5, 2010

Ross & TJ Maxx - 2 Little Pieces of Shopping Heaven

I have been a TJ Maxx fan just about as long as I can remember.  When Ross entered the scene several years ago, it too became a frontrunner in my store preferences.  What I like about these stores is you can find the exact same brands, items, etc that you'd find in a department store, but for 1/2 the price (or even less!).  Why pay full price when you don't have to??
I usually get off early from my job on Fridays, and I have made it my weekly ritual to swing by our local TJ & Ross after I get off.  This is is my "ME" time... no kids, no interruptions... just me and some good old fashioned bargain shopping.  :)  This past Friday I did add Belk to my shopping list since Stro (below) had passed along the great sales they were running.  I got 2 rompers and a shirt for $20.00!  Savings of around $80.00.  Here is one of the rompers I got:

After those fabulous finds, I hit TJ & Ross.  Ross has been a little disappointing lately in the clothing department, but I still appreciate it for the shoe, purse, home decor, and beauty departments.  I was browsing the lotions/shampoos/etc area- which, btw, if you didn't know, this is another great saver.  You can find lots of salon brands at both TJ & Ross for much less than you'd pay at the salon.  I was SO excited to find and bring home this blast from the past this week:


Who doesn't remember this stuff?  If you've never tried it, you should, just for sheer kitsch if nothing else.  :)  I have been enjoying the smell of my Mane N Tail hair all of this long holiday weekend.

If you've never given Ross or TJ a shot, go now, go today!  You won't be sorry.  Tell us GRITS what your favorite finds are when you go!

GLAM,
Ali










No comments:

Post a Comment