PracticalGRITS

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cheap-o Shopping! I MEAN CHEAP!


I have recently re-disovered the Dollar Tree.  Why have I been neglecting it all this time?  I used to shop there on occasion in college, and then somehow I must have just forgotten about all the great things that can be found there. 

We have a tradition at work of decorating co-workers desk areas when its their birthday.  The $ Tree has everything you need.  Streamers?  Check.  Balloons?  Check.  All kinds of other loud, fun, birthday decor?  Check.  Considering most of this stuff is going to be thrown away almost immediately, why spend lots of money on it?  They even have pretty cute patterns.












I have a toddler, and wow, you can make a child's dream come true by taking them to the Dollar Tree.  They will think they have hit the jackpot!  You can find anything from bubbles, to plastic bugs, to balls, water guns, etc.  Can you tell I have a boy?  Again, lots of these things will either get ruined or tossed after very little use, so why not just spend $1, and then WHO CARES if it gets messed up?!












You can also find seasonal items there.  I have found several cute Christmas ornaments, as well as different decor items for the different seasons.  We are leaving to go to the beach next week, and I found all kinds of fun beach toys.  And even a 2-pack of kites for $1! 






If you're on a budget, don't forget to check out your local Dollar Tree/Dollar Store.  It is worth the trip, I promise!  I steer clear of the food area... but everything else is super!  Have fun!

GLAM,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment