PracticalGRITS

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Game of Things


Unlike my fellow bloggers on this page I am not a fan of cooking and have very few recipes to share, nor am I truly a fan of discount shopping.

Don't get me wrong, I love to find a great sale at my favorite store, but shopping at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or ROSS completely overwhelm me! Believe me, I've TRIED to like shopping at those stores. I feel like the people who tend to shop there are overly aggressive and would probably assault me to take the one item I've found out of my hands. I believe this in part because I hate crowds and am truly not a huge fan of shopping. I tend to design an outfit in my head and then go looking for that specific item of clothing. More often than not it is elusive and cannot be found. Therefore, I stick with Banana Republic... rarely does it fail me. When I have a coupon or find a sale, even better! Therefore my only shopping "tip" that I can give you is to sign up for the BR credit card... even if you NEVER use it you still get the AWESOME discount cards in the mail!

Back to my original thoughts (that stream of consciousness writing can really get the best of you). While I do not enjoy cooking or discount shopping, I do enjoy a good game with friends!! To celebrate the 4th of July this weekend we got together with really great friends to enjoy the sun and to cook dinner together. After enjoying a few adult beverages (all parties involved were well over 21) we decided it was time to play games!

This brings me to The Game of Things. Never have I played a more hilarious and enjoyable game. When the makers of this game say it is hilarious, they do not exaggerate!! The game consists of topics such as:
- Things you wouldn't bring home to mom
- Things you wish you could forget
- Things people say about you behind your back
etc.

Here's the main thing to remember... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH! I and 2 other game players did not realize this in the first round and completely called ourselves out on "Things we wish we could forget". The rest of the party goers looked at us in shock and immediately clued us in to the fact that this is not a "spill all your secrets" kind of game. It's just a game of fun. The rules are simple, you write down your answer (don't add your name), mix all the answers up, one person is the "reader" and then the person to the left has to guess who wrote what. Once your answer is guessed, you are out for the round and if the "guesser" is wrong, the guess then goes to the person to their left. You get points by guessing correctly. Believe me, even though everyone is lying, you really begin to get a grasp on a person's sense of humor.

The game really is hilarious and so much fun. If you don't end up hysterically laughing then you are taking the game to seriously! Don't be afraid to "go there" with your answers, it makes it more enjoyable for all!

A few other fantastic games include Apples to Apples and Partini. Enjoy and have fun at your next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment